The TL;DR Position Summary
Title: Content marketing & PR specialist
Location: Wherever, opportunity to come and work in one of our hubs (Syd, Melb, London, Saigon)
Reports to: Content & PR manager, Sarah W.
Client base: Mostly med/large travel businesses. Other clients in education, classified, home renovation,
Key objectives: Execute content marketing and PR projects. From idea generation to publishing to promotion. Main focus: pitch and build rel. with publishers
Favourite approach: data driven PRable stories. Client is part of the story, not the full story.
Experience required: PR/journalism background, content marketing experience, ideally travel Industry contacts
Salary: on par with industry standards
Duration: ongoing, full time as a freelance/contractor
(95% of the team has the same setup, some folks have been with us for 4+ years)
We are a Digital Marketing Optimisation Agency specialised in the travel industry. Our motto: Traffic is nice. Revenue is better.
We improve our clients marketing performance by:
- getting an idea of what’s happening via Analytics and Data Science ,
- we improve their sales using CRO techniques
- we get more people on the site using SEO and content marketing, that goes without say…
We are picky about the clients we bring on-board. We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them Get Stuff Done. This stops us from taking on board demoralising projects and having us hating our jobs and our clients.
The current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that where you come in.
Career progression is based on your ability to deliver and drive ideas and difference for both client and the company, not your ability to play politics or by the cut of your suit. (in fact, we have a no suit policy).
We’ve got some pretty cool digs and office vibes 78 meters from the the sand and the sea in Manly, Sydney’s iconic beach. So get to work with like-minded people, challenge and be challenged, have a laugh, solve problems and surf at lunch time.
Actual view from our office
The Job Description
Create and deliver campaigns and content ideas that matter
Due to our company’s tremendous growth, we are on the hunt for a content marketing and PR specialist.
- Content strategy, consultation and planning across our diverse client portfolio
- Develop creative ideas that improve the client’s bottom line, not just add FB likes
- Collaborating with our team to deliver effective integrated content marketing projects
- Manage and expand your existing profile and network to conduct PR + outreach
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Experience
- +2 years’ experience in a Content/PR role (agency experience will be an advantage)
- Journalistic background
- High attention to detail and excellent English skills
- Highly proficient in English (writing and speaking)
- Great organisational and time-management skills
- Must be able to worked unsupervised, be dependable and own the job
- Proven success in managing the complete editorial process (writing, editing, proofreading, fact-checking & production)
- Ability to work in a geek-friendly environment
Very big plus for Experience with :
- A relentless curiosity and an inquisitive mind
- Front end coding skills
- Data analysis skills
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO and various outreach/linkbuilding methods
- SQL, script and code to extract and utilise large data sets
If this sounds just like you, then follow the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Application Process
- Fill up the form. Submission is generally reviewed within 3-5 working days
- Do some short tests, live case scenarios giving you an opportunity to see exactly what we do and how we do it
- Interview with Client Service Director
- Interview with Managing Director
- Offer and Contract drafted, review signed, Happy dance ensue
Now, here is step 1, time to tell us a bit about yourself.