The Position Summary
- Title: Head of Growth Marketing
- Location: Asia Pacific Region. Remote is fine
- Reports to: Managing Director, Freddy Chanut
- Clients: ~50% med/large travel businesses, some in ecommerce (wine, diverse), home and interior, online education, BI software (see clients for an idea)
- Key objectives: Lead the Growth Marketing team (PPC, SEO, Content, Marketing Auto), help the business win new accounts and growth opportunities, take ownership of the team, projects, outcomes and future plans.
- Experience required: Solid base in Paid Media, clear understanding of digital marketing concepts with min. 5 years working primarily on Paid media and campaigns, demonstrated experience leading a remote team
Ready to apply already, jump straight into the application process:
We love to take on the fight along with challenger brands. We have the most fun doing it in competitive environments such as finance, education, jobs, insurance, automotive, etc….
We strive on being an extension of our client’s team and providing tailor-made, return-focused work.
We are picky about the client we bring on-board and very protective of our reputation. We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them Get Stuff Done. This stops us from taking on board demoralising projects and having us hating our jobs and our clients.
We are a bootstrapped company founded in 2010, we grew exponentially in the last year. We think the current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that where you come in.
Career progression is based on your ability to deliver and drive ideas and difference for both the client and the company, not your ability to play politics or by the cut of your suit. (in fact, we have a no suit policy).
We’ve got some pretty cool digs and office vibes 78 meters from the the sand and the sea in Manly, Sydney’s iconic beach. So get to work with like-minded people, challenge and be challenged, have a laugh, solve problems and surf at lunch time.
The Job Description
This role will be responsible for crafting strategy and implementing tactics to improve processes and solutions and to develop digital strategies focused on growing our client’s business using a range of channels.
The Head of Growth will be responsible for leveraging a working knowledge of paid channels and campaign development, across with leading a fully remote team and managing customer relationships.
- Be in charge of the P&L for the growth team
- Stay abreast of changes in the market, leverage this dynamic environment to create opportunities for clients
- Develop digital strategies focused on growing our client’s business using a range of channels working together in coherent strategies
- Help the business win new accounts and growth opportunities with existing clients and new clients
- Develop/upgrade processes, templates and solutions to do our work better
- Develop and foster a mutually-beneficial partnership between clients and In Marketing We Trust (IMWT)
- Recruit, manage and develop your team members – currently 8 team members + 5 freelancers
The Ideal Candidate
This is a critical hands-on position with plenty of scope for development driving forward our efforts in this space and the ideal candidate has the demonstrated ability to ensure successful service delivery and build customer success.
Skills and Experience
- In-depth PPC knowledge & significant experience running ad campaigns
- Track record of developing and managing multiple digital marketing programs
- Ability to set channel management plan and execute them
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and communication skills,
- Strong analytical skills and research abilities with demonstrated previous results in creating strategic direction
- Experience in managing large budgets and deliver across multiple KPIs
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and technology
- Results-oriented with the ability to prioritise multiple objectives,
- Demonstrated experience leading a remote team and managing customer relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills giving you the ability to build report, manage your team and pitch new ideas
- 5+ years Paid Media experience or related Growth/ Biddable lead experience
- Software and marketing services industry experience is a plus
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to work unsupervised, be flexible
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO, content marketing, paid search and landing page optimisation.
- High level of attention to detail, quality, and effective verbal and written communication skills along with excellent follow-through.
- Requires independent effectiveness, taking initiative, strong influencing and driving knowledge
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate.
- Ruthless focus on meeting time vs. budget objectives
- Strong ability to multitask between several client accounts
- A relentless curiosity and an inquisitive mind
Attributes and behaviours we love to see
- A can-do attitude
- Ownership of your work
- Creative in context
- Results orientated
- Collegiate and supportive
- A sense of humour
If this sounds just like you, then follow the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Application Process
- Fill up the form. Submission is generally reviewed within 3-5 working days
- Do some short tests (typically 1-3hrs max), live case scenarios giving you an opportunity to see exactly what we do and how we do it
- Review of tests + Interview with Client Service Director and/or Managing Director
- Interview with the team, see whom you will be working with and ask questions you didn’t dare to ask before
- Offer and Contract drafted, review signed, Happy dance ensue
Now, here is step 1, time to tell us a bit about yourself.